Young Women Profile: Chismosa 1

Here's another profile of one of us.


Q: What is your career or profession?
:Does being a writer count even if I'm not paid for it...yet ;-) I've had paid freelance writing gigs before, but I'm the first to admit that I need to put in more effort into making writing a career. I want to be a children's author. I loved reading as a little girl (love it now) because I got lost in all those adventures. I want to be the one to create the adventures. Aside from that, I'm a Children's Ministry Director because that's part of the calling in my life, I believe.

Q: What is your current job title?
:Writer and Children's Ministry Director

Q:  What do you like most about this job?
: I love writing. I'm most comfortable expressing myself on paper, and I love the freedom of writing. Freedom in expressing myself, in writing articles that could help others, and in creating worlds and adventures. I love working with kids too, probably because I'm a kid at heart.

Q:  What's the hardest part of this job?
:With writing, it's keeping at it, writing everyday. The rejections don't unnerve me as much as not writing daily. Rejections may seem like failures, but if I don't write, I've failed already. The hardest part of working with kids in a church setting is this battle with the influences in their lives. I see them once a week (if that) and I want to change their hearts and lives, but so do a lot of others things, not all of them positive. It's partly why becoming a children's author makes sense for me, because I've decided to make my stories encouraging and positive and with happy endings. There's too much sadness in real life already.

Q:  What advice would you give to someone who wants to pursue your chosen career or job field?
:Don't give up. Writing and working with kids are both hard. It can get discouraging, so my advice is to never give up.

Q:  What is your favorite hobby?
:You want me to choose?? I love to travel, but for an everyday hobby, it would be watching TV. Great, now I sound like a couch potato. I like adventures and being in different worlds. For me, getting lost in TV shows is like getting lost in books or getting lost in a city I traveled to. I get to explore places I've never been in.

Q:  What is your beauty must have? Or item you can't live without?
:Confession time. I don't wear makeup everyday, so there's isn't a one beauty thing I religiously wear. But I know I have super oily skin. So aside from Proactiv, which helped clear my skin, I would say I don't want to live without oil absorbing pressed powder. Right now I use MAC.

Q:  If you're going to be stranded on an island with no cell reception and you could only save one item from inside your purse, what would it be?
:My Alaskan pocket Ulu knife. Or my asthma inhaler. Hmm, it's a toss up.

Q: What is the latest piece of chismis (gossip) you heard?
:Neon found its way into Spring 2012 fashion. Not a fan of neon. I say, instead of completely following trends, incorporate them in small ways into your own personal fashion style IF you want. You don't have to if you don't want to.

Comments

Popular Posts