School Loss of Accreditation

There is no such thing as the "perfect" school. Many schools have its flaws, but this one in particular had more than just flaws.

I should've known from the get-go that the school I was about to attend was spiraling down. First of all, what kind of receptionist doesn't answer the phone? When I tried to schedule an appointment to come see the school and enroll, I couldn't get a hold of anybody. I had to drive all the way to the school only to be told to go back home and make an appointment before coming in. 


When I finally made an appointment with the admissions counselor I figured that this school didn't seem so bad. The staff were nice and they "seemed" to be organized. I took an entrance exam, successfully passed and was ready to start classes in October. A few days later I got a phone call saying that the school could not find my test scores. I had to take the entrance exam over again. I was so frustrated! 


Long story short, since I've been at that school I've had 3 admissions counselors all within 3 months of being enrolled. The school have been getting lawsuits from students that have been there for years and are about to graduate. As of now, the school is closing due to loss of accreditation and many other causes. Oh, I forgot to say that the students found out about loss of accreditation the day we came back from our Christmas break. The school, however, have known since 2010, but still accepted students.

I'm transferring to a new school and I have to say that it's not a walk in the park. It's more like walking in a jungle and being chased by cheetahs. It's hard. There are a lot of paperwork needed for the new school, but because my old school has a lot of students trying to get their transcripts and other stuff, it's a bit more challenging to get the papers I need. Totes frustrating!

Well, at least I've experienced this so that in the future I now know that I should really do my research before impulse enrolling at a school one person said was a great school to go to. Hopefully this time I won't get screwed over. I actually did my research and made sure this school I'm transferring to is accredited.



Comments

Popular Posts